Begin Your Course
Click any of the options below to enrol and begin your Australian Wine course immediately.
- $12 only. No more to pay! (inc GST)
- 100% online, no classroom or assignments.
- Time Required
- 3 minutes to enrol, 2-4 hours – self paced
- Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Find out more about POLI.
Basic Wine Knowledge Online Course $12
Do you know the difference between a Chardonnay and a Chennin Blanc? What about a Pinot Gris and a Pinot Noir? No? Then this course is for you.
Do know what wine goes best with sweet foods? How about the wine to serve with chicken? No? Then this course is for you.
Our Basic Wine Knowledge course, a non-accredited course, will provide you with valuable information about wine, wine making, styles, food matching and some tips on how to sell wine. You will receive a certificate of completion, not a statement of attainment.
This course has been designed for someone who has little or no wine knowledge or experience but wants to gain this knowledge. You will learn about:
- History of wine in Australia
- The basics of the wine making process
- The most common terms used in the wine industry. E.g. bouquet, legs and backbone
- The most common varieties of wine available in Australia
- The growing regions of Australia, and the wines for which they are most famous
- Basic wine and food matching
- The types of wine customers
- How to sell wine
How long? It takes 3 minutes to enroll and pay. The course takes 2-4 hours to complete depending on your existing knowledge. No need to finish the course in one session! Log in and out as many times as you like, the system remembers where you are up to.
How does it work? Click “Start Course Now” button, enter your details, and proceed to the payment page and pay. After payment, you are given immediate access to your “My Training”. Simply click on the name of the course when you are ready to start. No need to wait for an email with log in details.
The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. Please read “How will I be assessed” for more details on assessment.
Who should do this course? This course is for anyone who wants to improve their waiting skills and knowledge.
How will I be assessed? The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. You are required to study each section in sequence and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. You are required to answer ALL questions in ALL sections correctly to be deemed competent in this subject.
How assessment works:
- Read the question;
- Select your answer;
- Press “Submit”;
- Move onto the next question;
- At the end of the questions, you will receive the result of your assessment.
If you answer all questions correctly, you will progress to the next section. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You will then be returned to the beginning of the learning materials for the section to review and attempt the assessment again. You can review the learning materials during the assessment.
Step 1 – Enrol in and pay for this online course.
Step 2 – Complete the online course
Step 3 – Send a copy of your identification to:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Fax 07 3899 1160 Post PO Box 254, Morningside 4170
Step 4 – Wait one (1) business day for your certificate to be emailed.