Some of the many questions involved in outsourcing cleaning services include; how much to pay for these services; what quality level do you expect; how do you construct a tender document to ensure all tendering companies quote on precisely the same services; how do you ensure quality levels are maintained; how do you implement ongoing cost reductions with your chosen service provider.
The steps below outline the typical process Daniel’s uses internationally to assist in the contracting out of cleaning and maintenance services.
The process is made up of various steps; each step is priced individually allowing the facility owner/manager to choose which steps are necessary. We should mention the most time consuming part of the process is the first step but it makes the other steps possible.
- Building analyses/Data Gathering – Using a combination of building blue prints and on-site measurements Daniel’s gathers the data necessary to accurately determine the cleanable are of your facility.
- Specification design – Daniel’s works with the client to develop a customized facility specification. This is accomplished by taking all the information gathered in step one then adding tasks customized to the needs of each area of the building.
- Contractor Selection – Daniels’ electronic pre-qualification form can be forwarded to all aspiring contractors. This package provides us a comprehensive overview of each company. Every package is scored individually; this will offer a list of qualified contractors by a point score basis.
- Tender Package Preparation – a comprehensive tender package can be prepared for all prospective tenderers’.
- Pre-Tender Meeting – Daniel’s assists you in conducting the Pre-Tender ‘walk through’ of your facility.
- Tender Evaluation – Daniels can evaluate each tender proposal and prepare a written report on each cleaning contractor. Each tenderer is rated based on technical competence and price
- Tender Selection – Daniels can assist facility manager to review the tender results. Upon selection of the most promising tenderers’, we will then request an oral tender presentation from each selected contractor.
- Tender Presentation – All selected tenderers’ are requested to conduct an oral presentation on how they will perform the work and what extra services they may offer.
- Inspection and Review – Daniels conducts regular inspections to ensure the contractors of choice gets off to the right start and then live up to the program, and to provide an incite into ways of further streamlining the overall program in light of new technology.
Daniels frequently supplies the successful contractors in every building with a complete Operations Manual containing the cleaning tasks, techniques, chemicals, equipment needed, safety tips, Material Safety Data Sheet requirements, first Aid tips, etc. In addition, Daniels will support the contractor in working within the union guidelines and in working to increase productivity during the life of the contract.