This course introduces you to cleaning productivities and costing cleaning contracts. After completing this course, not only will you be more confident in your ability to provide quotations for new work, but you will also have a new level of confidence when talking cleaning services with your clients, management and staff.
Winning new contracts requires you to be cost competitive while also gaining the clients’ trust in your company’s ability to deliver cleaning services according to what you have promised.
As a manager, you will have a newly developed knowledge and capacity to explain a cleaning specification to your staff. Your ability to discuss cleaning task times and rotation of cleaning tasks with your staff will build staff skills and knowledge. The BEST cleaners intuitively understand time management, task times and rotation of task. As a manager, you should have the skills and knowledge to develop average cleaners into the BEST cleaners that industry has to offer.
To complete this course, you will need access to Microsoft excel and have a basic understanding of excel spreadsheets.
- This course applies to a number of client groups including:
- Small cleaning business owners
- Cleaning managers in commercial cleaning companies
- In-house cleaning managers for health care and aged care
- Anyone involved in costing or benchmarking cleaning contracts
- Anyone who really wants to understand cleaning including building owners and managers
When you finish this course, you will have an understanding of the following concepts and ideas:
- Introduction to Cleaning Labour Costs
- Principles of Workloading
- Surveying a Building
- Developing a building specification
The Certificate IV in Cleaning Management assignment is found in the customer service course.
Click here to enrol : https://hia.energe3.com.au/