The User Choice program provides public funding for the delivery of accredited, entry level training to apprentices and trainees.
The program works in conjunction with the Commonwealth Australian Apprenticeships System, under which apprentices and trainees (also known in some jurisdictions as “Australian Apprentices”) enter into legally binding training contracts with their employers and receive structured training to achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
The Queensland Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) User Choice program enables apprentices, trainees and their employers to select a preferred Registered Training Organisation (RTO) from a list of Pre-qualified Suppliers for the delivery of accredited training to meet their specific needs
The User Choice Fee Policy had been developed in accordance with the requirements of the Queensland Government – User Choice 2022-2023 Policy.
Daniels Associates can offer preliminary advice on traineeship eligibility and various course options. However, it is the role of Apprenticeships Network Providers (ANP) to provide specific information on: eligibility, administration services and support to employers and Australian Apprentices.
ANP assist with the signing of training contracts and also, assess, approve and process the payment of Australian Government incentives to eligible employers, and personal benefits to eligible Australian apprentices.
Student Contribution Fees
Daniels Associates is obliged to collect a Student Contribution Fee which is calculated at $1.60 per nominal hour for each unit of competency delivered. The total fee will vary according to the range of units selected within each traineeship qualification framework.
A reduced Student Contribution Fee of $0.65 (40% of the normal contribution fee) per nominal hour will apply where the participant falls into one of the following Partial Exemption categories:
- Under the age of 17 at the end of February in the year of training commencement, and the participant has not completed year 12;
- Holds a health care or pensioner card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds and health care card or pensioner concession card, and is named on the card;
- The Participant provides BSG with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming they, their partner or the person of whom the participant is a dependent, is entitled to concessions under a health care card or pensioner concession card; or
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.
Exemptions for Student Contribution Fees
Exemptions may apply under the following conditions:
- Where the Fee would cause the participant extreme financial hardship;
- Where Credit Transfer is awarded for a unit;
- Where the participant is a School-based trainee; or
- Where the participant is an Existing Worker trainee.
In accordance with the Queensland Government – User Choice 2017-2020 Policy and the Vocational Education, Training and Employment Regulation 2000, Daniels Associates apply the following course fees based on the nominal hours of each qualification.
|Certificate III in Cleaning Operations (CPP30316)
|$1.60 / hr
Daniels Associates requires payment of Student Contribution Fees and Course Fees in accordance with normal commercial payments terms of 30-60 days after date of invoice. An invoice outlining fees will be explain the client prior to course sign-up and student enrolment.
Daniels Associates can negotiate a payment plan based on monthly or bi-monthly course contributions where the student is unable to pay the full fee in one payment.
Refund of Student Contribution Fees:
Daniels Associates will provide a refund of User Choice Student Contribution Fees for training that has not commenced at the time of cancellation of enrolment. Where a student has commenced a unit of competency but withdrawn prior to completion, no refund will apply.
Balance of course fee = Total course units x Fee per unit x Units not commenced = course fee REFUND