This sustainability course covers the knowledge and skills required to implement and manage environmentally sustainable work practices for the cleaning industry, more commonly known as a ‘Green Cleaning Program’. The course is designed for all supervisors and managers working in any cleaning operation.
The course teaches students to identify current resource usage in the workplace; understand how to perform a simple site audit to recognise sustainable (green) improvements; eliminate and/or replace hazardous chemicals with less hazardous chemicals; reduce the use of resources and select appropriate chemicals and equipment to support a green cleaning program.
All areas of a cleaning and/or housekeeping program are reviewed and processes for improvement identified for each key area.
Throughout this course emphasis is placed on communicating positive outcomes to the team, management and building occupants. People need to see results and understand improvements to ensure everyone supports the green cleaning program.
When you finish this course, you will have an understanding of the following concepts and ideas:
- Business and Sustainability
- Legislation & Industry Policy
- Planning a sustainable workplace
- Identify and measure resources
- Implement & Follow Procedures
- Communicating the workplace sustainability policy
- Identifying environmentally sustainable work practices
- Reviewing policy implementation
This course can be completed with a number of different outcomes including:
- As a standalone non-accredited course (which to you have enrolled in) and will receive a Certificate of Completion from Daniels Associates
- As an accredited course by completing and submitting an additional downloadable assignment. Which can be found at the end of this course.
- There is an additional course fee of $200 to complete the course as the accredited units of competency:
- CPPCMN4001 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- CPPCMN4002 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- You can only complete this as an accredited course as part of your Certificate IV in Cleaning Management CPP40416. See information on the Certificate IV in Cleaning Management below.
- Alternative you can complete the additional assignment as a learning activity for which there is NO additional cost.
Click here to enrol : https://hia.energe3.com.au/